- We want everything we do to display joy, because we have an optimistic vision of the future.
- We want everything we do to be done with excellence, because our Lord does all things well.
- We want everything we do to promote connection, because God created us for connection with Him and one another.
- We want everything we do to demonstrate love, because Jesus, in all that He did, was compelled by love.
- We want everything we do to radiate peace, because we are led by the Prince of peace.
- We want unity to govern all of our service, because we are one body in Him.
- We want the outcome of our labor to result in the worship and praise of God, because we were made to be instruments of worship and He is worthy to be praised.
- We want, in everything we do, to bring others along with us, because everyone in the body has been gifted and called by God.
- In everything we do we want to experience and promote rest in the gospel, because it is the power of God unto salvation for everyone who believes.
- In everything we do we want to be gracious to others, because God is the Father of mercies.
Statement of Faith
- We believe that there is one living and true GOD, eternally existing in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all things. (Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Hebrews 9:14)
- We believe that the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, fully inspired without error in the original manuscripts, and the infallible rule of faith and practice. The Word of God is the foundation upon which this church operates and is the basis for which this church is governed. We believe that the Word of God supersedes any earthly law that is contrary to the Holy Scriptures. (Isaiah 28:13; Nehemiah 8:8; John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12; 1 Peter 1:23-25; 2 Peter 1:21)
- We believe in the person of God the Father, an Infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all those who come to Him through Jesus Christ. (Deuteronomy 33:27; Psalms 90:2; Psalms 102:27; John 4:24; 1 Timothy 1:17; Titus 1:3)
- We believe in the person of Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, his substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and personal, visible return to earth. (Isaiah 7:14; Micah 5:2; Matthew 1:23; Mark 16:19; Luke 1:34-35; John 1:1-2; John 8:58; John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 1:2; Revelation 1:8)
- We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit, Who is the third person of the trinity, Who has the attributes of Deity, Who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ; (Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 3:18; John 16:8-11; Romans 15:13,16; Hebrews 9:14)
- We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide. (John 14:16-17, 16:8-11)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of all Biblical gifts of the Spirit. (1 Corinthians 14)
- We believe that all people are sinners by nature and, therefore, are under condemnation; We also believe that legitimate biblical sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage. Hence, sexual activities such as, but not limited to, adultery, fornication, pre-marital sex, incest, polygamy, homosexuality, bisexuality, pedophilia and bestiality are called sinful, and are forbidden in accordance with the teachings of the Bible and the Church. Further, lascivious behavior; the creation, viewing, and/or distribution of pornography; cross-dressing, and efforts to alter one’s physical gender are incompatible with a true biblical witness. (Genesis 2:24; I Corinthians 5:11; 6:9; 6:18-20; 7:1-3; 7:8-9; Romans 1:18-32) We believe that God regenerates based upon faith by the Holy Spirit, those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord. (Acts 8:15-17; Titus 3:5)
- We believe in the universal church, the living spiritual body of which Christ is the head, and all who are born again are members. (1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Ephesians 4:15-16)
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ committed two ordinances to the church: (a) full immersion water baptism, and (b) the Lord’s Supper. (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
- We believe also in the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the ordination of pastors, elders, and deacons, and for the receiving of the perpetuity of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 6:6, 8:17; 1 Timothy 4:14)
- We believe in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ which is His personal, visible return to earth and the establishment of His millennial kingdom, and in the bodily resurrection of all humanity unto final judgment resulting in eternal blessing of the righteous and eternal suffering of the wicked. (Matthew 16:27; Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11-16, 20: 11-15)
- We believe in what is termed “the apostles’ creed”* as embodying the fundamental facts of the Christian faith.
I believe in God the Father Almighty; the Maker of heaven and earth. And in Jesus Christ his only (begotten) Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; He descended into hell; the third day he rose from the dead; he ascended into heaven; and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Ghost; the holy Christian church; the communion of the saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body flesh; and the life everlasting. Amen.
- We believe in a literal Heaven and a literal Hell and that all those who place their faith, hope and trust in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in Heaven with the Lord, while those who reject Jesus’ free gift of salvation will spend eternity separated from the Lord. (Matthew 5:3, 25:31-34; Hebrews 12:23; 1 Peter 1:4; Psalm 9:17; Matthew 5:22, 18:9; Luke 12:5)
- We believe the Church will never face the judgment of God or the wrath of God coming upon the earth before the second coming of Jesus Christ. All believers will meet the Lord in the air and be taken out of this world prior to revelation of His wrath upon the earth. (Matthew 24:29-31; Luke 21:36; Romans 1:18, 5:9; 1 Thessalonians 5:9; 2 Peter 2:7-9; Revelation 5:7-10, 7:13-14)
- We believe in the creation and God as the Creator. We believe that God created man and that He created them male and female. As such He created them different so as to complement and complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. (Genesis 1:27-28, Genesis 2:18-25) Jesus Christ affirms this teaching in Matthew 19:4-6. For this reason, homosexual unions, are unacceptable to God. (I Corinthians 6:9-11; I Timothy 1:9-11).We believe that marriage is exclusively the physical, spiritual and legal union of one man and one woman evidenced by a marriage ceremony, and solemnized by a minister of the Gospel, Justice of the Peace or legal solemnizing official.